About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/08/12

Server 2012 Network stuck

Scenario:  Hyper-V on Server 2012, 2008R2 AD, Server 2012 guest machines

I was doing a Lync 2013 Edge server, and I noticed that the IP addressing on the external network interface was stuck with DHCP of 169.254.230.1.  Along with the desired DMZ external addresses.  Not so great, and it would NOT go away.  Looking at ncpa.cpl showed that I had the stupid thing configured correctly.  No amount of chanting or invoking the mystic powers made a difference. I mean, look at the route print – just the sight of this made me wonder just what the heck was going on!  Nice gateway and interface combination, eh?

clip_image001

“netsh int ipv4 set int” did not help.

Get-netipaddress showed a correct setup. but it also showed that silly AIPCA thing too. remove-netipaddress seemed to work, but the 169.254 IP  would not go away.  Reboots, disabling NIC, we tried it all.  Nada.

This here fixed me:  http://lyngtinh.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-disable-autoconfiguration-ipv4.html

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture