Opened the EMC on several E2010 servers today. Was rudely told that the EMC could not contact the local server. A reboot fixed the problem, but I don’t like that.
I found this little routine here.
1. make sure IIS WinRM extension is installed
2. open powershell and run command : WinRM Quickconfig
3. Open IIS go to Powershell virtual directory and check that SSL in disabled and authentification is set only to Anonymous
4. Open Windows powershell modules
5. run Remove-PowershellVirtualDirectory command
6. run New-PowershellVirtuallirectory command
I did not have to do the entire thing in my case. I did, however, check each and every e2010 (all 14) in the environment. NONE of them had the WinRM installed. All of them had the PowerShell vDir with anonymous disabled, but not requiring SSL.
What’s up with that? I checked the e2010 on server 2008 R2 prerequisites and the IIS WinRM is not listed for any role – which explains why it was not present on any of my servers.
So, my final resolution was:
- Install IIS WinRM Extension
- Enable Anonymous on the PowerShell vDir