About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/03/06

Jabra Supreme UC MS

Yet another short product review.  This time a Jabra Bluetooth headset.  The box is labeled “Jabra Supreme UC MS” and there is a label that says “optimized for Microsoft Lync.”  Let’s find out.

One of the problems I had writing this article was that there was nothing negative to report.  You can find the manufacturer brag sheet here.

This is what comes out of the box:  the USB key and the headset in a nice little case (not pictured), a USB charging cable, a car adapter, extra ear cushion and wire thingy, a 110 adapter, and the ubiquitous instruction booklet. Fit and finish appear to be first rate. The wire-thingy to fit your ear is bendable/adjustable to provide a custom fit.

image

I pulled it out of the box, gave it a charge, and then plugged in the included USB key thingy, and it just worked. I will note that I did not even read the little instruction manual other than to see what the buttons did. This is a folding device that turns on when you open the microphone boom.

image

When I pushed the USB dongle into the USB port, my laptop loaded some drivers and then the Lync 2013 client discovered the headset and started using it.  Painless and worked well.  I literally did nothing special and the Jabra Supreme UC lived up to its’ name right out of the box.

image

Audio was clear and crisp. Noise reduction was excellent. I made several test calls and asked the other end about the audio quality. In each case the other person assumed I was on a wired headset. Nice. 

I was able to pair to the Lync client as well as my cell phone at the same time. Pairing with my cell phone worked first time through with no hassles. Several times I had calls on both – it took a few fumbles to get the correct device answered, but that is just a learning curve on how to use the new piece of gear and not a hit on the Jabra usability or functionality. After pairing with my phone, I was alerted that there was a Jabra app that would enable better experience – I declined to install this. But, even without it, this device worked as expected. What the app does I do not know.

Overall, I think this proved out to be an excellent device.

YMMV.

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture