About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2011/04/04

Visio and/or Word “*.exe stopped working” error

So, I have this zippy new laptop from work.  Nice piece of gear. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, bright display, 8GB RAM, good HD, pretty quick overall. Did I mention how nice this thing is? Office 2010, added Visio 2010 – I have these documentation needs and I simply must have both of these. Clients sort of expect to see the “expert” using the “latest and greatest” so I use the Office 2010 level.  Note that I put those words in quotations.

Doing a cut n paste from Visio to Word was resulting in one of the two kicking up an error about how the “…*.exe has stopped working.”  This gives you a few selections like checking online for a solution – ya right, or closing the program.  Luckily I have not lost any data…but this is really annoying and slowing down my work. 

I fixed it by removing the “send to bluetooth” add-in for both programs.  I would give you screen shots, but I did not just disable the add-in, I removed them.

Problem solved.  So if you have these little “issues” with office apps “stopping” then try that….why would I want to send my multi-megabyte doc to some bluetooth device?  Printing?  Maybe, but not me.

Adelante.

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture