I got asked today on how to do this. Being as clueless as I am, I started with a little research. Doggoned if I didn’t hit paydirt after only a few reads. This is good stuff, so I want to make sure that I don’t lose it.
See this article here for the original material – figures there would be a KB for this. I am reposting here for my own edification.
There is a registry entry that can be used to disable this button:
1. Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey:
Note Use this subkey for x86-based systems. If you are running a x64-based system, locate and click the following subkey:
2. After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
3. Type RemoveConferenceCall, and then press ENTER.
4. Right-click RemoveConferenceCall, and then click Modify.
5. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
6. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
Change the Value to 0 and the button will be available again.
A full list of livemeeting registry keys can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd637135(office.13).aspx