What you need:
- You do have Outlook installed, yes?
- Communicator.msi – get this from your network administrator. This is licensed software. Referred to in some circles as “MOC”
- .Net 3.5 SP1 with an update. The update to .Net 3.5 SP1 is operating system specific. Get the update here (MS KB959209). Get .Net 3.5 SP1 here.
- MS KB936864 (Office 2007) or Office 2007 SP1. Here is the link to the hotfix, you are on your own for the Office 2007 SP1.
- ConfAddins_Setup Get it here. This allows Outlook to function with live meeting scheduling.
- LMSetup Get it here. Live Meeting client. What will you do without it?
- MS XML 6 SP1. This install is operating system specific. Get it here.
Ok, let us get started.
- Sign out of, and exit both Office Communicator 2007 (or LCS 2005), and Outlook. The MOC installer wants them closed. YMMV.
- Install the .Net 3.5 SP1, followed by the update from MS KB959209.
- Install the MS XML 6 SP1.
- Ensure that you are either Office 2007 SP1 or have the hotfix as mentioned above (MS KB936864).
- Execute the Communicator.msi. This will uninstall what is already there and install itself whilst retaining all settings.
- Execute ConfAddins_setup.exe. This will uninstall what is already there and install itself whilst retaining all settings.
- Execute LMSETUP.exe. This will uninstall what is already there and install itself whilst retaining all settings.