About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2014/07/09

Project Failures

Disclaimer: I have no idea who authored this blog, or which organizations website hosts the blog. 

As I read through the following article, I was faced with the classic introspection question: how does each of these apply to me?  http://calleam.com/WTPF/?page_id=2338

In the midst of some business process research I ran across this and it proved to be very interesting reading.  As a consultant, I participate in both sides of the sales process and on all sides and phases of project delivery.  I found comparing the failure attributes to projects in which I participated was very insightful.  Not every reason listed may apply to every project – but the level of detail and the implied attention to detail required of the consulting engineer is an excellent starting outline for necessary professional skills, and demonstrates the depth and breadth of knowledge and experience required to successfully deliver IT projects.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture