About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/04/03

Lync 2013 CU1 UCWA Errors

Just had a small issue trying to publish Lync 2013 Topology where it would appear that the Lync Server 2013 CU1 update duplicated all the 2013 FE Server MSRTCSIP-TrustedService entries for the UCWAInternal and UCWAExternal services.  Everything looked fairly good until it came time to enable-cstopology.  Here is the error we got.

“Multiple Active Directory entries were found for type “MS-RTC-TrustedService” with ID of fqdn.domain.com/UcwaExternal.

image

Fixing ONE of these resulted in the next item on the list being found and then erroring out.

Ouch.

I went through and renamed the service names on all 4 FE servers to update so the enable-cstopology only saw one valid entry.  This was needed on three (3) Enterprise FE nodes and on an SE FE server in the environment.

image

Will update this accordingly if this proves to have borked up something else.  Why this occurred is not known to me, other than running the CU1 updates into the environment.

YMMV.

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture