About Me

My Photo
TsooRad is a blog for John Weber. John is a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). My day job is titled "Principal Consulting Engineer" - I work with an awesome group of people at CDW, LLC. I’ve been at this gig in one fashion or another since 1988 - starting with desktops (remember Z-248’s?) and now I am in Portland, Oregon. I focus on collaboration and infrastructure. This means Exchange of all flavors, LCS/OCS/Lync, Windows, business process, and learning new stuff. I have a variety of interests - some of which may rear their ugly head in this forum. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. One of these days, I intend to start teaching. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/04/03

Lync 2013 CU1 UCWA Errors

Just had a small issue trying to publish Lync 2013 Topology where it would appear that the Lync Server 2013 CU1 update duplicated all the 2013 FE Server MSRTCSIP-TrustedService entries for the UCWAInternal and UCWAExternal services.  Everything looked fairly good until it came time to enable-cstopology.  Here is the error we got.

“Multiple Active Directory entries were found for type “MS-RTC-TrustedService” with ID of fqdn.domain.com/UcwaExternal.

image

Fixing ONE of these resulted in the next item on the list being found and then erroring out.

Ouch.

I went through and renamed the service names on all 4 FE servers to update so the enable-cstopology only saw one valid entry.  This was needed on three (3) Enterprise FE nodes and on an SE FE server in the environment.

image

Will update this accordingly if this proves to have borked up something else.  Why this occurred is not known to me, other than running the CU1 updates into the environment.

YMMV.

No comments: