About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2012/01/19

Who can Federate tool

Situation

You want to demonstrate to a potential client who their users would want to federate with for business processes.

Possible Solution

MVP Matt Landis has written a nifty little utility…. http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Who-Can-Federate-Tool-a9e00d23

The WCF Tool (who can federate tool) will scan through your Outlook contacts and give you a "heads up" on which of your business partners have public Microsoft Lync or OCS federation enabled. This is a great tool to run for people who do or don't have Microsoft Lync to show them who they could connect with in their own contact list.

image

Useful, eh?  This worked nicely for me – found several on my contact list that I had not thought about.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture