About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2010/09/17

Exchange 2010 SP1 curiosity(ies)

“(ies)” because there are mulitples.

I went to remove the default mailbox database from a new e2010 sp1 install today. In the midst of the fun, I noticed that I still could not remove the database from the EMC.  I had previously moved the arbitration mailboxes and the discover assistant mailbox. 

image

But still, I got this error:

image

But, turning to the EMS proved very fruitful.

image

Wazzup wid dat?  How can the GUI not allow the removal, but powershell yank it right out.  The GUI is just a shell of the CLI.  So what gives?

Also, note that GUI talks about set-mailboxplan and get-mailboxplan.  Neither of those commands exist on the copy of Exchange 2010 SP1 that is running on this server.  Nice, eh?

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture